Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Flowers for Logan

I don't know if you know this, but keeping clean, season-appropriate flowers/decorations at a cemetary is an expensive task.  If you go to a florist you can easily spend $50 - $75 on one pot of flowers.  We like to change Logan's flowers frequently so you can imagine how quickly that would add up.  So in the past 2 1/2 years I've been learning how to make my own arrangements.  Lucky for me, my mother-in-law makes silk arrangements and my mom has a good eye for design so with their help, I've made a few arrangements.  But I have to be honest, I haven't been completely satisfied with anything I made.  That is until this past weekend.  As much as I like the arrangements I made in the past, I always felt like they were missing something.  But I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.  Here's the arrangement I made on Saturday night.

I love the colors and the best part is it took less than an hour and the total cost was probably under $20! 

I also made an arrangement for the house that I've been talking about doing for probably a year.  It's simple, but I really like it.
Other than my latest floral arrangements, I haven't had much time for crafting but I hope that changes soon.  I really need to get to work on my scrapbooks and I have some plans (in my head at least) for a head start on next years Christmas cards.

In other news, 3 years ago today I got my first positive pregnancy test.  One year ago tomorrow I got my second positive.  It's probably weird that I remember those dates so well, but I remember them because they are so close to my mom's birthday.  And so close to each other.  What a blessing we were given one year ago.  It has been a long year with a lot of panicky moments for me, but here we are with a healthy (almost) 4-month-old and I couldn't be happier!  I'll leave you with some of the latest pictures of our monster baby.


1 comment:

  1. I love the arrangements! Beautiful! Eli is growing so much! He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete