Tuesday, February 8, 2011

4 Months

Eli turned 4 months old last Friday and we had his checkup yesterday.  He now weighs 14 lbs. 12 oz. and is 25 3/4 in. long (that's skewed because the nurse didn't have him laying straight when she marked the lines but it's close).  It's so amazing to me how big he's getting!

We are now slowly starting some new foods.  Last night we added apple juice to his cereal instead of milk and he really enjoyed it.  He also ate WAY more than I expected him to.  I thought I had made too much so that I could get an idea of how much he would really eat, but he ate every bite.  That may be because we have discovered that I'm a little behind on my milk production.  But thankfully, we're taking action on that problem and hopefully I'll have more than enough milk for my big guy soon.

Eli also has his very first tooth beginning to poke through.  I felt the very top breaking the surface yesterday and asked his doctor if it was possible for him to be teething so soon.  He said it was but seemed very skeptical until he put his finger in Eli's mouth and felt it too. 

In other news, Doug and I reached a milestone that we have been working toward for a long time now.  As of this morning we are (kinda) debt-free!!  Okay, we do still have debt but no more credit cards, store charges or anything like that.  Sure, we'd love to eventually live without a car payment or a mortgage (and we are working towards that day) but for right now, we're just thrilled to be where we are.  There was a time when we couldn't pass up a good "12 months same as cash" offer, but no more.  We've both worked very hard to get where we are financially and even though we've slipped (and probably will again in the future), we're changing our way of thinking and our financial future and it feels great!

1 comment:

  1. Exciting stuff Anna! Soon Eli will have a whole mouth full of teeth.

    Congratulations to you both on the debt free. It is a great feeling for sure!!

    ReplyDelete