Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Unanswered Prayers

My husband is a HUGE Garth Brooks fan.  We own all of his CDs and they are all "first editions". 

My husband has been to A LOT of music concerts.  But never seen his all time favorite musician live. 
So for Christmas I got Doug tickets to a Garth concert.  Because of the upcoming concert date, when we saw a commercial saying that Garth was going to be on The Tonight Show, we tuned in.  And because of seeing that show, we learned of a Lifetime movie that had been made called Unanswered Prayers, which was based on Garth's song by the same title.  In case you are not familiar, the song can best be summed up in one line: "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers".  We recorded the movie so that we wouldn't miss it.

While I was sitting there watching the movie, I started thinking about my unanswered prayers and how/if they were "some of God's greatests gifts". 

I've had lots of unanswered prayers in my lifetime. 

I prayed that we wouldn't have to move miles away from my friends and family in Kentucky when my Dad lost his job.  We moved 5 1/2 hours away.  But I made more friends that have truly blessed my life.

I prayed that I would get to leave Alabama to go to college.  Having moved here when I was in 8th grade, I thought I hated it and I wanted nothing more than to get away.  But that prayer went unanswered and instead, I attended a college that I love and now work at.  And I met and married THE guy.

I prayed for months that we would be able to buy this one house that we really, really wanted.  Our contract was cancelled when someone else, without a contingency, made an offer.  We later found out the house had wood rot.

I prayed for a little girl the second time around.  I was so afraid of having another preemie I wanted my baby to have better odds on her side.  But God knew better.  He knew this baby wasn't going to be a preemie and he knew I needed to face my fears. 

I have really been blessed by unanswered prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment