Monday, December 6, 2010

2 Months

Eli is 2 months old now and growing soo fast!  He had his checkup today and weighs 13 lbs. which puts him in the 88th percentile.  He is 23 inches long, the 80th percentile.  Dr. P said he's a little chunky for his height but not so much that we need to do anything about it.

Dr. P also said that Eli is a little bit ahead developmentally.  He remarked at how much "trunk control" Eli had for his age.  He's holding his head up on his own almost all the time now.  He talks to us and his toys often, grins all the time and laughs every once in a while.  He is wearing 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers, although he could really use a size 2 at this point, I'm just trying to use up the 1s I have left.

Watching him grow has been so much fun for me.  And yet, there is sadness in every new thing we do.  My mom and I took him to see Santa this weekend and as I stood there in line, I kept thinking about what it would have been like if Logan was there with us.  Logan would be 2 1/2 now and would most likely be very excited about Santa this year.  Eli, on the otherhand, slept pretty much through the whole experience. 

I wonder how Logan would be as a big brother. 

I wonder how my two boys would be alike. 

And how they would be different. 

I wonder what Santa would bring Logan for Christmas. 

And how bright his face would shine when he saw the toys sitting under the tree.

It will be a fun Christmas this year.  Filled with loving on Eli and spending time as a family with our families.  But I'll still be wondering...

No comments:

Post a Comment