Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Update: 26 weeks

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a doctor's appointment today and everything looks great!

I have been going every other week but we've known all along that at some point I will start going every week.  My doctor had mentioned at my last appointment that we would be making that decision every appointment based on how I'm doing.  Well, after she checked me today she said I don't have to come back for two weeks, so that's great news.  I'm hoping for one more two week appointment after that one.  We have already agreed that I will start weekly appointments in August so I'm just hoping that I can make it through July only having two appointments, because that will mean Eli and I are doing very well.

I am 26 weeks and 3 days today so I had my glucose test.  Be praying that I passed because that drink was disgusting and I do NOT want to have to do the 3 hour test :)  Of course, I also don't want to have gestational diabetes.

While we were waiting to do my bloodwork my mom and I went to visit the NICU nurses.  We got to spend a little time with the head nurse there and talk to her which was really great.  I try to stop by as often as I can because I am so appreciative of them.  After Logan died, it was strange for me because the nurses had become my closest friends, the people that I talked to on a daily basis.  And when I came home, I didn't get to see them or talk to them and I really felt like I didn't have anything to talk about.  The subject that had consumed me for over a month was gone.  Doug and I had planned to take pictures of each of the nurses with Logan before we left the NICU but that didn't happen and I told the nurse today that we will do that with Eli.  Even if he doesn't go to the NICU.

So far I have 15 G's on my calendar at home.   It feels so good to mark each one off.  And yet so weird to say that I am this far along. 

One week from tomorrow will be the 2 year anniversary of the day Logan died, what we call his Angel Day.  It has been such a long journey to get to this point and I am hoping that getting through that day will help me relax, at least a little bit.  My sister is getting married this weekend so that will be some what of a distraction and then my parents are coming down on Sunday after the wedding to paint my house and put up the tile backsplash.  I can't wait to show pictures of how it turns out! 

I know Wednesday is going to be a tough day, but on Saturday we get to start going to church at the church in Troy.  We had some issues with the priest there at Logan's funeral and haven't been back, except for twice when he was out of town.  But the church is getting a new priest this weekend and I have already talked to some of the parish members about Doug and I getting involved in the church activities.  We have wanted to be involved in our church for a long time but because we were travelling 30 minutes to an hour to get there it really wasn't possible.  Being able to get to church in about 5 minutes will make it so much easier on us.  Apparently we weren't the only people who left this church because of the priest so I kind of feel like we are getting involved with the start of a new church and I am really excited about it.  When I was in college I was active in the Catholic campus group but it has pretty much ceased to exist since I graduated.  The lady I spoke with was very excited about Doug and I coming back and mentioned that we would be great to help with the campus program.  It really got me excited and I can't wait to start doing... something, anything with the church.  Even if it doesn't end up being with the campus program.

No comments:

Post a Comment