Wednesday, July 21, 2010

28 Weeks and Counting

I went to the doctor on Monday and everything is still going good with me and Eli.  I will not go back for another two weeks (at least not for a planned appointment) and then I will start going every week. 

While I was there I asked my doctor if we were being naive to talk about/plan on the stitch being removed at 37 weeks.  She told us early on that she would remove it then, if we made it that far, so I was curious what her thoughts were. 

She didn't say yes, but she didn't say no either. 

In fact, right after she told me that she has indeed removed stitches at 37 weeks, she said that Eli and I may very well be home by Sept. 18 (which is when I am 37 weeks exaclty).  I told her that as long as he was home with me, I was fine with that.  And I got a big dose of confidence when she immediately said how great we were doing. 

You would probably have had to be there to fully understand, but my doctor is somewhat pessimisstic.  So to hear her say how great we were doing (and she said it 3 or 4 times), made me feel extremely excited about how close we are.

In less than 12 weeks, we will be holding Eli! 

It's amazing to say that and to know that it could be less than 9 weeks.  While I'm not hoping or wishing for a preemie, I am truly looking forward to Eli's Birth Day. 

Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to order the preemie version of the Little Brother onesie I already have in a newborn size. 

On the way home from the hospital Doug, Eli and I will be stopping by the cemetery.  We have a Big Brother doll and an angel statue where the angel is holding a baby that we will be taking to his spot.  I really want Eli to be wearing the Little Brother onesie which is why I'm considering buying the preemie version. 
__________

As for the remodeling we've been doing, we are almost done!  Our stove is still sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor while we wait the required time before putting the grout on the backsplash, and our stuff is still spread all over the house, but all of the original rooms have been painted and are ready to be decorated!

The guest bathroom is complete except for a few minor items I want to get. 


Now we're considering painting what will be Eli's room.  The color now is a light tan but it has a lot of marks on it and needs to be touched up.  We put shelves in when I was pregnant with Logan, one of which we painted green and the other red to coordinate with the Rainforest bedding we bought.  So, if we decide to change the color I'm my parents and Doug are going to paint it a light blue and paint on white clouds.  I really like the idea, but we've got almost a full gallon of the paint that is already in there and I'm still trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money on the new color of paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment