Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Birth Day Eli!!

Well, today was a wonderful day!  We checked into the hospital at 5:30 this morning and Eli was born at 11:53am.  He weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. and is 21 inches long. 

The birth was amazingly peaceful, even though Dr. Hancock didn't make it in time.  When she walked through the door she threw up her hands and said "I can't believe I missed it!" 

Holding Eli immediately after he was born was an amazing feeling for me.  Hearing him cry, led me to tears.  And the emotions running through me, even now, are completely unexplainable. 

I cannot stop thanking God for the gift he has given us in Eli.  I am truly realizing every single minute I spend with Eli, the many things I missed with Logan.  And yet I know that I was extremely lucky to have been given so much time with Logan.  17 days is something so many of the other angel mommies I know didn't get.   Some of them didn't even get hours with their children and I got over 2 weeks.  And spending this time with Eli is making me even more grateful than I ever thought I could be for the time we got with Logan. 

One of these days I will probably try putting these emotions into words but for right now, I'm going to spend some more time with my son.  Loving on him as much as I can.  Holding him as much as I can.  Looking at him as much as I can.  And thanking God for EVERY single second! 

 Our first family photo

 Doug and Eli


 Eli next to the Logan doll.  That's one BIG, little brother!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS. We are so happy for you two. We can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete