Monday, August 2, 2010

What a Difference!

UPDATE:
So much for all of my research.  When Doug and I went to check on the caterpillars this morning we found this:
We also noticed a caterpillar that seems to be curling up into the pre-cocoon stage so I will be keeping a close eye on that one.  And we found a new caterpillar as well, that is much smaller than any of the others.  I do think my research was somewhat accurate though, because we had at least 5 big caterpillars when I checked yesterday and we're down to 2 big ones, this cocoon and the little guy now.  So I'm guessing the other 2 went off to cocoon somewhere else.

ORIGINAL POST:
I started my weekly appointments today.

And everything is going great with our monster man!  I am measuring spot on every week and my cervix continues to look good.  I was literally in the office less than 30 minutes today and I hope I can keep up that record for at least the rest of August. 

On Saturday we will be attending Prenatal Class since we didn't get the chance before Logan was born and I really want to get the Infant CPR and Breastfeeding information.

We also filled up a calendar month on Saturday with G's:
It's amazing to me to think about how far we've really come.  We were so proud of each of the 11 Gs on Logan's calendar (on the right in the picture).  And we've already put 49 Gs on Eli's (on the left).  Even though I am looking forward to the day we put "Douglas Elijah born" on the calendar, I am also looking forward to every G we write between now and then.

In other news, it has been so ridiculously hot around here that we have hardly spent any time in the butterfly garden.  We have lost some of our plants completely because of the heat and weeds had started to take over.  Yesterday while I was on my way to Birmingham, Doug did some weeding and found this little guy with 4-5 of his brothers and sisters:

I'm really excited because I wasn't sure we would get any caterpillars this year.  These guys are swallowtail caterpillars.  They don't stick around to cocoon so we won't be getting to see them transform but at least our garden is still working.  I saw a big swallowtail coming around quite a bit a few weeks ago so I'm guessing these are her babies.  We're also seeing Gulf Fritillary butterflies and one or two Painted Ladies.  No Monarchs yet, which is a slight disappointment after the success we had last year with our Monarch caterpillars and cocoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment