Monday, August 16, 2010

17 Down, 4 to Go

One more appointment is in the books.  I was out in 30 min. again this week :)

I have had 17 progesterone shots and only have 4 left!  I can't wait until that first Monday that I don't get poked with a needle.

Everything is still going really well, cervix is still good which is what we really want.  My blood pressure is good and my growth is right on track.  And as a little bonus, I actually lost 2 lbs. since my last appointment.

Other than that, life is pretty mundane.  Just a series of days filled with work and resting followed by busy weekends which end with me driving to my parents for the next appointment.

Since I found out I was pregnant, I had sworn off getting anything ready for Eli.  I didn't want to wash clothes, set up the nursery or put the car seat in the van until we knew he was coming home. 

That ended very abruptly Saturday morning when I woke up with an insane need to get EVERYTHING ready.  Every little outfit is clean, all the diapers are out; sheets and bumper on the crib; carseat completely cleaned.  The only reason the carseat isn't in the van is that I still hadn't bought the seat protector Doug wanted.  So I bought that Sunday and the carseat will be going in soon.  My hospital bag is packed and at my mom's, along with the things we will be taking to the cemetary on our way home.

So now we just wait.  I am so looking forward to holding Eli for the first time and to bringing him home. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your body is telling you that Eli will be here before you know it! I just love that nesting instinct. So much gets accomplished when it hits you!

    ReplyDelete