Wednesday, August 19, 2009

3 Years Ago

3 years ago, I was nervous and excited.

3 years ago, I was so happy I cried.

3 years ago, I married the man of my dreams.


We didn't know then what our lives would be like now.

We didn't know we would move from the nasty trailer park to the beautiful new house in the brand new subdivision.

We didn't know we would have three dogs and a cat in addition to the reptiles.

We didn't know we would lose our first son.

We didn't know how many times we would be warned about the high statistics of divorce in couples who lose a child.

What we did know was that we loved each other. And that was all that mattered. We knew we would be happy, together, joined as one. And we knew that we were making a commitment until death do us part, in good times and in bad.

I had no idea that the bad times would be so bad.

I had no idea that I would watch my husband endure so much pain and heartbreak. Or that he would be so strong while I endured the same pain.

I love you, Doug, and I always will. Thanks for being such a wonderful husband, even when I'm not a wonderful wife. Thanks for supporting me in my dreams, even when I haven't dreamed them yet. Thanks for being a great father to our son, even though you can't hold him. Thanks for helping out in the million ways that you do, even when I don't notice what you've done. Thanks for making me laugh, even when it's the last thing I want to do. I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!

1 comment: