Wednesday, June 27, 2018

A Decade

A decade.  Ten whole years. Two whole hands.

I can’t believe it’s been so long since I first looked at your tiny body, your little fingers and toes. Your teeny ears.

More than ever I’ve been wondering who you would be. What would it be like to have bunk beds in Eli’s room with you on the top bunk? What would 4th grade have been like?  Who would your teacher have been? What would we be getting you for your birthday?

Ten years seems like such a long time.  Everything in my life is so different now then that day you were born.  It seems like a different life.  And yet I have flashbacks that make it feel like I’m right back in those moments.

I love you so much sweet boy.  I was able to get some beautiful flowers for you and we’ve got something new for your spot.  But I really wish I was spending that money on some great toy that would put a big smile on your face.

-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment