Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Road Trip

We had the chance to visit some family and friends in Kentucky this past weekend.  It's always a long drive and a busy trip but I feel so blessed to have two grandmothers to visit.  We left on Friday as soon as I got off work, made a pit stop at my parents house to eat dinner and give Eli some play time and a bath and then hit the road.  We got a hotel around 3am and were back up and driving again by 8am.  We actually got to spend most of the day visiting my Grandma, we played dominoes and just generally had a good time.  We even got to see two of my aunts and two uncles while we were there.  Yo Gabba Gabba is Eli's favorite show so we took a DVD with us.

  While we were at my Grandma's we put in the DVD for him to watch while we played dominoes.  My grandma has an older tv and it sits in a cabinet so it is practically on the floor.  Eli was absolutely amazed that he could touch Muno and DJ Lance! We kept pulling him away from the TV and he would just go right back up to it :)

When we left there, we had a two hour drive to get to my Grandmother's house.  We spent all day Sunday with her.  Most of the time when we visit we have to run in and run out but this time we just sat around the house.  We got to see another of my aunts and an uncle and Eli had a ton of fun playing.


Before we left on Monday we went to visit one of my very best friends (and Eli's godmother) and her little girl.  Eli and Lily played so well together, I only wish we lived closer so that they would actually get to grow up together the way we did.  By the time this picture was taken Eli was exhausted and ready for his nap on the way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment