Wednesday, November 10, 2010

37 Days

I had every intention of writing on Eli's one month birthday.  Obviously that didn't happen.  Honestly, I've been really busy.  And I'm not just talking about mothering a newborn.  The Thursday before Halloween Doug, Eli, I and all three dogs went to stay with my parents.  Doug was going to the NASCAR race in Talladega on Sunday so we stayed with them through Monday. 

The following Thursday Eli had his one month checkup.  He weighed 10 lbs. 5 oz. and was 21.5 in. long.  He was in the 50th percentile for both length and weight.  After the appointment I had to pick up, sort over and deliver over 100 Blue Jeans for Babies shirts that I sold at Troy.  I'm so glad I was able to raise so much money for March of Dimes, but it may have been a mistake to take on this task while I was on maternity leave.

On Friday my mom and I left for Kentucky.  We took the trip to introduce Eli to my two grandmothers.  We had a lot of fun.  We visited my maternal grandmother on Saturday and my paternal grandmother on Sunday. 

 


















My paternal grandmother actually lost her first child, a boy, similar to how we lost Logan.  Because her son was born at home, she doesn't know how much he weighed or how long he was, but when we showed her the Logan doll, she said he was tiny like the doll.  My dad was her next baby, her rainbow baby as some people call them.  It's amazing to me how God has written our family story.  I mean, my grandmother's rainbow baby goes on to have a child who loses a baby in a similar way and then has a rainbow baby of her own.  And the fact that all four of those babies were boys.  He works in amazing ways!

As for Eli, he is now wearing 0-3 or 3 month clothes.  He loves to sit in his swing and watch the little mobile go around and around.  He also loves to be sang too.  He's still sleeping well at night, waking up once or twice.  He's starting to smile more and more and when we were at my paternal grandmother's house, she stuck her tongue out at him and his stuck his right back out.  He really wants to suck his fingers, but that's something I am not allowing him to do and he's getting better and better at sucking on a pacifier. 

We are going to our first football game this weekend for Troy's Homecoming game.  We probably won't stay the entire time, but we're really looking forward to seeing some friends and enjoying a great game.  I'll try to post some pictures of us at the game when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment