Monday, June 7, 2010

Eli's Face

Well, we had another ultrasound today and we finally got to see our sweet Eli's face!  As well as his 4 chamber heart!  And more proof that he's a boy, which made me very happy, as I was slightly concerned my little boy might turn into a little girl :)

Here's the pictures.  The first one is a side-by-side comparison of Logan's 4d picture (left) and Eli's 4d picture (right). 

Because this next picture was so confusing to me, I wanted to label it.  So the original picture is to the left and the one on the right is the same picture with my labels added.
Amazingly enough, I had a second ultrasound with Logan to get pictures of his 4 chamber heart at 22 weeks 2 days and today I am 22 weeks 2 days with Eli.  In a way it is amazing and also scary. 

On Saturday Doug and I went to Hobby Lobby to buy flowers for Logan's birthday arrangement that we had decided to make ourselves this year.  I was going through the motions and not really thinking about it all to be honest.  The price to buy the flowers was only slightly less than it would cost to pay the florist to make the arrangement and the sales clerk told us that their bushes were on sale.  I told her that wouldn't work because I was making an arrangement for the cemetary.  And that's kind of when it hit me.  The lady told us the flowers would probably be on sale on Monday if we wanted to wait.  We were going to look at some other arrangements, but I just had to get out of the store.  I pretty much ran to the van because I didn't want to start crying right in the parking lot. 

I cried and cried while we drove around town.  And then I asked Doug why the dates had to be so close.  His response was that God has a sense of humor, to which I immediately responded, "It's NOT funny."  And in that moment, I was so upset, so scared, that I just couldn't imagine anything good happening.  But the truth is, I think God is trying to teach me to trust Him, whole-heartedly, not just in words.  Because the truth is, I HAVE to.  I have to trust that He has us in His hands.  That is the only way to make it through this month.

3 comments:

  1. Anna, you are so strong! Leaning on Him will only keep you stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Eli is so cute! I can't wait to meet him. I pray everyday that he will grow strong, healthy and that you and Doug will have strength. I know that everything seems like de juvu, but this is Eli's story you, Doug and God are writing. Eli is a special boy that will have a lot in common with his big brother to share with the world. It is these dates and your memories that will make "his" story better in his eyes. Stay strong for both of your boys!
    Lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I love you two and am inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete