Thursday, January 14, 2010

Resolutions

It's a little late, but here are my New Year's Resolutions.

1. Lose weight.  This one's kind of cliche I guess but my sister's getting married in July and I'm in the wedding so it has to be a priority for me.  So far, the diet's been going okay but the exercising hasn't really started yet.  Part of that is because of Doug getting back and getting used to Central time again.  But next week I'm determined to do something at least.

2. Walk the dogs EVERY day.  This one I've done before and I had actually gotten into the routine of it.  And then we got Levi.  And I haven't quite figured out how to walk three by myself yet without getting dragged down the street.  So Doug and I have decided to go in the mornings before he goes to the gym.  This also kind of ties into the first one since it's exercise.  A second part of this resolution is to teach Bella and Levi how to walk on the treadmill.  Callie has the lowest energy level, so she needs less exercise than the other two, but she will walk on the treadmill for as long as I ask her too.  It's just my luck that the two that need the most exercise are scared to death of the treadmill!  But we're going to work on that.  I need them to be able to walk on the treadmill when it's raining outside or when Doug is gone and I can only take 2 of them on a real walk.

3. Get better at praying.  It's not that I don't pray, it's just that I usually kind of "fit" it into my life.  You know, when I'm brushing my teeth, driving to/from work, in the shower.  This year I want to make praying more of a focus in my life.  I haven't quite figured out what that means for me, but I'm working on it.

4.* My final resolution is to bring color into my house.  We bought a new house so it was painted to sell, all brown.  There are three or four different shades, but they're all shades of brown.  I've known that I wanted to paint for a while, I just didn't know what colors I wanted to paint it. 

Right now, our office/craft room is in the room that was the nursery.  And the other bedroom is my sister's.  But in July when my sister moves out we're going to move the office into her room and make the nursery into a guest bedroom.  Because of the painted shelves we have in the nursery, we're not going to paint in there, but the new office/craft room will be getting a BRIGHT new makeover. 



Each of the 4 walls will be a different color. One purple, one green, one turquoise and one orange. (Note: in the second picture there are two shades of green. The bottom green is the one I have picked.) I'm also going to make some vinyl cutouts with my Cricut to hang on the walls. It's going to be a very fun room. And some of you might think I'm crazy but I LOVE the colors!
I'm also planning to paint both the master bath and the guest bath.  I had picked out a pale yellow for the guest bath but after seeing the color painted on a piece of drywall, I think it would look washed out because of the white woodwork in the room.  So I'm thinking I might go with a light green in that room.

The master bath will have a nautical theme:


And will be painted this color:


And last but not least is the kitchen. 


I'm also hoping to do a tile backsplash but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be able to afford the tile before the end of the year.  So that might be on next year's resolution list.  But here's the tile I've picked:

And here is the tile next to the red so you can kind of get the whole picture:

*This resolution is brought to you by HGTV, pretty much the only channel I watched while Doug was in California, and the main reason I am in such a "change it all" mood :)

2 comments:

  1. is the paint really on the walls in the new office now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I went ahead and painted directly on the walls so I could see what it would look like, since I can close that room off :)

    ReplyDelete