Thursday, October 1, 2009

October 15th

October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. It's a day most people don't even know about. It's a day to remember all the babies that are not with us. Not just the ones who died from prematurity, disease, or SIDS. On Oct. 15th we'll remember every tiny heart beat.

So many times, when a baby is lost to miscarriage or stillbirth, people seem to act like that baby never existed. People who miscarry early are often told to try again in a month or two, that next time they'll get their baby. Thankfully I was never told that, because I can tell you, that no baby can be replaced. It doesn't matter if that baby only lived 2 weeks inside it's Mother's womb and then died, that baby LIVED! That baby was unique!

"...All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139: 16

Last Oct. 15 I lit the unity candle from our wedding in memory of Logan. This year, I will be lighting Logan's birthday candle in memory of him and ALL of the lost babies.

I will be praying for the all the families. If you have one of Logan's candles, please light it on Oct. 15th for as long as you can. If you don't have one, I have a few left if you want one, or you can light any candle. The most important thing I'm asking you to do is pray with me, for the families, for the mothers who aren't acknowledged because their babies died so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment