Tuesday, October 23, 2012

25 Weeks

It occurred to me today how rarely I have posted during this pregnancy.  I posted after all (or at least almost all) of my doctor appointments when I was pregnant with Eli.  I was so worried about the outcome of that pregnancy that every single day felt like a huge accomplishment.  This time around, it's been very different.  Not that I'm not worried, the truth is that I still worry something will happen.  But I also know that this plan works, that God has a plan for this baby and whatever it is, my doctor and I will be doing everything in our power to get Emily here safely.

Yesterday marked the day that Emily has been growing inside of me longer than Logan did.  I feel so much better knowing that we've made it this far, that even the doctor's consider her big enough to survive.  But still I know that there are no guarantees.

We've been preparing our home for her arrival, decorating her room, buying blankets, sheets, towels, clothes and bows.  We are so ready to welcome her into our lives and yet there is so much left to do.

I have my glucose test next Monday and in three weeks we will be having a 3D/4D ultrasound.  At that point I will be 28 weeks, which is when my doctor declared that we had "made it" with Eli.  I'm looking forward to hearing those words again.

So far my doctor seems pleasantly surprised with the state of my cervix so here's hoping it stays that way until January.  For some reason I have a feeling Emily is going to come on her own and have at least a decent amount of red hair, but we will just have to wait and see...


No comments:

Post a Comment