Wednesday, April 20, 2011

March for Babies Update

The March for Babies is only a little over a week away.  I'm so excited to take part in this special event as we have every year since Logan was born.  


This year is going to be a little different though.  Last week I was asked to write out our story for the March of Dimes Mission Tent.  They are going to have multiple family story boards and we were asked to submit ours along with pictures if we wanted.  I took my time and really thought about what I wanted to write.  After I finished I emailed it to Doug so he could add, remove or change anything.  Yesterday I finally submitted my story.


This morning I had an email:


"As I read this I cry all over again….Are you and your family going to be at March for Babies?

If so would you read this story from the stage?

If you don’t feel comfortable doing so I completely understand.  Just let me know."

I thought about it for only a moment before I said yes.  

Getting on that stage and telling our story is going to be one of the hardest things I have done since Logan's funeral, but I HAVE to do it.  I HAVE to share my son with other people.  

It's easy for me to write, because I can experience any and all emotions and take as much time as I need without anyone knowing.  But public speaking is different.  I have to be at least somewhat composed and speak clearly and loudly enough for everyone to hear our story.  And I'm scared.  

I'm not one of those people who is very comfortable getting up in front of a crowd and talking... about anything.  But I actually feel like God has kind of been preparing me for this.  After Eli's baptism I volunteered to be a Lector at our church.  I've been reading almost every other weekend and on several of the weekends, the person who would have been sharing the reading responsibilities with me didn't show.  So I have been facing my fear of public speaking quite regularly.  And I'm hoping that practice helps me get through this very important task.  

So I am asking for your prayers.  I am certainly going to need them when I stand on that stage but I also need them as I prepare.  The March is April 30 and between now and then I am going to be doing my best to prepare to do the best job I can to tell our story.  


No comments:

Post a Comment