Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Heart-broken

This morning I found out about a family that lost a baby yesterday.  And as soon as I heard, my mind flooded with images.

The perfect baby they have held and will always remember...

The tiny casket...

The headstone at the cemetary...

The flowers...

The tears...

The physical and emotional ache...

The empty house...

The birthdays/celebrations/events they will experience without this little one...

I dont' know the couple personally, they are friends of a friend, but I will be doing the only thing I can for them, praying.  And I am asking that you pray for them as well. 

Dear Lord, please watch over this couple as they travel this difficult road.  Help them to feel your presence in their lives.  Give them the strength and peace that they need in the coming days, weeks, months and years.  We know that their child is safe in your arms but their arms are hurting.  Comfort them.  Surround them with love and support from the people closest to them.  And allow them to feel Your grace when they need it the most.  In your name we pray, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for them also. Are they here in Troy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful post. My eyes filled with tears at your sweet, heart-felt prayer. Thank you for rallying more people to pray for them! They will need it. They have a long road ahead of them.

    ReplyDelete