Thursday, March 25, 2010

8 Days

In 8 days we will celebrate the day that Jesus died for our sins. 

And I sure hope Good Friday lives up to its name.

In 8 days, I will be having surgery.

I'm very confident in the procedure and even more confident in my doctor but I'm still feeling a little bit of apprehension. 

I went to visit my doctor yesterday and while I knew we would be scheduling the surgery, I didn't expect it to be scheduled quite so soon.  I expected it to be the week after Easter.  And when she first said the word Friday, I got so excited that I wouldn't have to take as much time off from work that I didn't really realize how soon Friday is.  In fact, I don't think it really dawned on me until last night as I was going to bed.  That's when I started thinking really thinking about how soon it is. 

But in a way, I'm glad that it's soon.  I'm glad that we can get past this part of the pregnancy and move on.  I'm glad that in 9 days, I will be done with surgery and (hopefully) able to focus more on a LONG pregnancy. 

My appointment was fairly routine.  My doctor tried to find the heart beat with the dopplar but only heard 3 or 4 beats so she sent me to ultrasound just to get a peek.  So I got an unexpected look at the baby.  And since it is a pretty good picture, I want to introduce all of you to Baby #2 (who I still think is a girl!).
Oh, and the heart beat was fine at 175 bpm.

3 comments:

  1. Many prayers for a successful, uneventful surgery Anna! The baby looks beautiful!!! We are still elated for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all goes well with your surgery. I will be praying for you. So glad you got to have an ultrasound and see that sweet baby! 175 bpm sounds like a girl!! Your intuition may be right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying your surgery goes well!!... also praying for your pregnancy--and i agree w/ Meredith 175bpm sounds like a girl :-)
    congrats, anna!!

    ReplyDelete